Saturday, August 19, 2006

Just another day at work!

Four years back, i decided to make a small deviation in my career. I moved my brown bag full of things from a desk in a 100 member company to a then 6000 ( and now around 4-5 times that no. ) member organization.

While those exit discussions were on, my then-director told me that i was making a wrong move. That it was better to be a big fish in a small pond, rather than a big fish in a small pond.

I responded that the best of all these would be to be a big fish in a big pond. He laughed at that. Four years later i have a chance to retrospect.

Star Performer in my department.
Amongst the "Associate of the year" across the organization.
Nominated Trainer par excellence
2 rungs of corporate growth in designation.
Much more than that in role.

And more than anything else, i value the recognition that i have earned. When people call asking for advice, and when you know you can provide it - there is no bigger satisfaction.

I keep praying that i never lose my humility.

Grateful. And still working at IT.

3 comments:

  1. Gr8 work sir...Congrats on those achievements...

    Yeah...after Prof R's classes we all know how to Listen....Quite a Learning that...as correctly pointed out by U. :)

    N U R truly a humble & down-to-earth person....Prof Jay.

    Wish U keep Living Life N Loving Life - King-Size....After all Life's Beautiful...Njoy every moment of it [:)]

    Long time since I updated my blog - As of now Njoying Life & PGSame :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay,
    Remember me :) I too was in the Prolite team. May be the initial Prolite team. Sorry I could not be in touch with you for long.Congrats for your marriage :)

    Regards,
    Sindhu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sindhu - this is a great surprise!!!! Of course, i do remember you!

    How are you ? And where r u now adays?

    How's life going?

    ReplyDelete